Subject: [Ipsec] Document Action: 'Use of Hash Algorithms in IKE and IPsec' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]> (by way of Paul Hoffman)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:28:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Use of Hash Algorithms in IKE and IPsec '
    <draft-hoffman-ike-ipsec-hash-use-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-ike-ipsec-hash-use-06.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes the use of one-way hash functions in the
   IKEv1, IKEv2, AH, and ESP protocols.  It also explains the level of
   vulnerability of these protocols to the reduced collision resistance
   of the MD5 and SHA-1 one-way hash algorithms.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the result of any IETF Working Group, but there
   has been some discussion of the document on the IPsec mail list.

Protocol Quality

   This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec