Subject: [Ipsec] Racoon with ipsec-tools-0.6.7

From: "Philip Bellino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:12:23 -0400

Hello,
I am trying to run racoon on a Linux 2.6.19 host.
Every "plog" that gets written (whether in the foreground or syslog)
causes a segmentation fault.
>From gdb, I get the following:

Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
Reading symbols from /home/trunk/Asp0-1/apps/lib/libipsec.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /home/trunk/Asp0-1/apps/lib/libipsec.so.0
Reading symbols from
/home/trunk/Asp0-1/apps/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7...done.
Loaded symbols for /home/trunk/Asp0-1/apps/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7
Reading symbols from
/opt/asp/buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib/libresolv.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for
/opt/asp/buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib/libresolv.so.0
Reading symbols from
/opt/asp/buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib/libgcc_s.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for
/opt/asp/buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
Reading symbols from
/opt/asp/buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib/libc.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for
/opt/asp/buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib/libc.so.0
Reading symbols from
/opt/asp/buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib/libdl.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for
/opt/asp/buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib/libdl.so.0
Reading symbols from
/opt/asp/buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for
/opt/asp/buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0
#0  memcmp (s1=0x494e464f, s2=0xffffffff, len=6) at memcmp.c:146
146           if (a1 != b1)
(gdb) bt
#0  memcmp (s1=0x494e464f, s2=0xffffffff, len=6) at memcmp.c:146
#1  0x301df7ac in __fread_unlocked (ptr=0x1008a440, size=2140247056,
nmemb=269001799,
    stream=0x7f919400) at fread.c:39
#2  0x301db02c in ungetc (c=269001792, stream=0x7f91966c) at ungetc.c:45
#3  0x301db02c in ungetc (c=269001792, stream=0x7f91966c) at ungetc.c:45
#4  0x301db02c in ungetc (c=269001792, stream=0x7f91966c) at ungetc.c:45
#5  0x301db02c in ungetc (c=269001792, stream=0x7f91966c) at ungetc.c:45
#6  0x301db02c in ungetc (c=269001792, stream=0x7f91966c) at ungetc.c:45
#7  0x301db02c in ungetc (c=269001792, stream=0x7f91966c) at ungetc.c:45
#8  0x301db02c in ungetc (c=269001792, stream=0x7f91966c) at ungetc.c:45
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb)

It looks like the memcmp above is comparing "0x494e464f" "INFO".  Is the
plog writing into incorrect memory space?

Has anyone seen an issue such as this.

Thanks,
Phil Bellino

============================ 
Phil Bellino 
MRV Communications, Inc. 
Boston Product Division 
295 Foster St. 
Littleton,MA 01460 
Tel: (978)952-4807 
Email: [email-masked] 
============================ 

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec