Subject: [Ipsec] RFC 4868 on Using HMAC-SHA-256, HMAC-SHA-384, and HMAC-SHA-512 with IPsec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 16:42:54 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 4868

         Title:      Using HMAC-SHA-256, HMAC-SHA-384, and HMAC-SHA-512
                     with IPsec
         Author:     S. Kelly, S. Frankel
         Status:     Standards Track
         Date:       May 2007
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      21
         Characters: 41432
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-kelly-ipsec-ciph-sha2-01.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4868.txt

This specification describes the use of Hashed Message Authentication
Mode (HMAC) in conjunction with the SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512
algorithms in IPsec.  These algorithms may be used as the basis for
data origin authentication and integrity verification mechanisms for
the Authentication Header (AH), Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP),
Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE), and IKEv2 protocols, and also
as Pseudo-Random Functions (PRFs) for IKE and IKEv2.  Truncated
output lengths are specified for the authentication-related variants,
with the corresponding algorithms designated as HMAC-SHA-256-128,
HMAC-SHA-384-192, and HMAC-SHA-512-256.  The PRF variants are not
truncated, and are called PRF-HMAC-SHA-256, PRF-HMAC-SHA-384, and
PRF-HMAC-SHA-512.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

         To: [email-masked]