Subject: [Ipsec] Query regarding DPD

From: karthikheya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:27:19 +0530

Hi all

I have a query regarding DPD as per the RFC 3706

In the section 6.2

6.2. Selection and Maintenance of Sequence Numbers

The first R-U-THERE message sent in a session MUST be a randomly chosen
number.  To prevent rolling past overflowing the 32-bit boundary, the
high-bit of the sequence number

initially SHOULD be set to zero.  

This will ensure that the sequence number does not rollover, during the
lifetime of the phase 1 SA.

But in case an IKE peer does not set the MSB of the random number to one,
and a device receives the

DPD message which has rolled over, what has to be done?

Also in case one of the IKE peer supports a window mechanism and the other
does not support a window mechanism

How will they be interoperable?

Thanks & Regards

Karthik varma

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec