Subject: [Ipsec] cfg retransmission

From: "sumit agarwal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:11:48 +0530

Hi,

What should we do incase the CFG request should be retransmitted? Should we
increment the identifier value?Because if the reply sent by server to the
client is lost, then again if we retransmitt the CFG request with the same
identifier value then the server will recongnize the packet as duplicate and
drop it and the CFG request will fail.

With warm regards,
Sumit
_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: "Rai, Anupam (Anupam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:46:43 -0600

On seeing a duplicate packet server will typically retransmitt the last
packet it had sent. 

________________________________

	From: sumit agarwal [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:42 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Ipsec] cfg retransmission

	Hi,
	 
	What should we do incase the CFG request should be
retransmitted? Should we increment the identifier value?Because if the
reply sent by server to the client is lost, then again if we retransmitt
the CFG request with the same identifier value then the server will
recongnize the packet as duplicate and drop it and the CFG request will
fail. 
	 
	With warm regards,
	Sumit