Subject: [IPsec] X-auth RADIUS-CHAP

From: "sumit agarwal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:59:20 +0530

Hi,

Below  is a excerpt from the X-Auth draft.
In the reply from the client the random number received from the server is
concatenetd to 'aa'  to calculate the hash.
Is this 'aa' a standard?
 or is it a locally generated random number?
Or  it IS received from the server?

RADIUS Chap Challenge
   =====================

   Ipsec Client                                          Ipsec Gateway
   ------------                                          -------------
         <-- REQUEST(TYPE = RADIUS-CHAP, Username = '', Password = '',
                       Challenge = 0x01020304050607080910111213141516)
   REPLY(TYPE = RADIUS-CHAP, Username = 'joe', Password =
   '0xaa11121314151617181920212223242526') -->
                                            <-- SET(XAUTH_STATUS = OK)
   ACK(XAUTH_STATUS) -->

With warm regards,
Sumit
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec