Subject: [IPsec] IPSec Tunnel limitations

From: whatdapech <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:19:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I'm just wondering if there is a limit as to how many users can use an
IPSec tunnel simultaneously; Two offices are connected via T1 on a router to
router setup.
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/IPSec-Tunnel-limitations-tf4595275.html#a13118971
Sent from the IETF - Ipsec mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Dan McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:06:55 -0400

> IPSec tunnel simultaneously; Two offices are connected via T1 on a router to

As many as your link can hold, or if you have really SLOW boxes doing IPsec,
to the capacity of your encryptors.

If you're talking T1 speeds, any mid-90s or later machine can keep AES +
SHA-1 going quite easily.

Dan

---

From: whatdapech <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 19:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dan,

Thanks for that info... I have 2 Cisco 2811 routers and I'm worried that if
i have 96 users accessing the tunnel at the same time could cause the tunnel
to drop due to the multiple encryptions going on the tunnel. My Manager
wants me to get a solid document saying that there is such limitation so can
you point me to a certain link in case you've read this somewhere? I have
been researching for it for quite some time now. Not that i don't believe
you... (",)

thanks.

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/IPSec-Tunnel-limitations-tf4595275.html#a13128189
Sent from the IETF - Ipsec mailing list archive at Nabble.com.