Subject: [IPsec] Fwd: RFC 5114 on Additional Diffie-Hellman Groups for Use with IETF Standards

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:12:13 -0800

>A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.
>
>        
>         RFC 5114
>
>         Title:      Additional Diffie-Hellman Groups for Use
>                     with IETF Standards
>         Author:     M. Lepinski, S. Kent
>         Status:     Informational
>         Date:       January 2008
>         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
>                     [email-masked]
>         Pages:      23
>         Characters: 49565
>         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None
>
>         I-D Tag:    draft-lepinski-dh-groups-03.txt
>
>         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5114.txt
>
>This document describes eight Diffie-Hellman groups that can be used
>in conjunction with IETF protocols to provide security for Internet
>communications.  The groups allow implementers to use the same groups
>with a variety of security protocols, e.g., SMIME, Secure SHell (SSH),
>Transport Layer Security (TLS), and Internet Key Exchange (IKE).
>
>All of these groups comply in form and structure with relevant
>standards from ISO, ANSI, NIST, and the IEEE.  These groups are
>compatible with all IETF standards that make use of Diffie-Hellman or
>Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman cryptography.
>
>These groups and the associated test data are defined by NIST on
>their web site [EX80056A], but have not yet (as of this writing) been
>published in a formal NIST document.  Publication of these groups and
>associated test data, as well as describing how to use Diffie-Hellman
>and Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman for key agreement in all of the
>protocols cited below, in one RFC, will facilitate development of
>interoperable implementations and support the Federal Information
>Processing Standard (FIPS) validation of
>implementations that make use of these groups.  This memo provides
>information for the Internet community.
>
>
>INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
>It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
>of this memo is unlimited.

IPsec implementers should see especially section 3.2.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec