Subject: [IPsec] RFC 5106 on The Extensible Authentication Protocol-Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (EAP-IKEv2) Method

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:20:19 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 5106

         Title:      The Extensible Authentication Protocol-Internet Key
                     Exchange Protocol version 2 (EAP-IKEv2) Method
         Author:     H. Tschofenig, D. Kroeselberg,
                     A. Pashalidis, Y. Ohba,
                     F. Bersani
         Status:     Experimental
         Date:       February 2008
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],  [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      33
         Characters: 76645
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-tschofenig-eap-ikev2-15.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5106.txt

This document specifies EAP-IKEv2, an Extensible Authentication
Protocol (EAP) method that is based on the Internet Key Exchange
(IKEv2) protocol.  EAP-IKEv2 provides mutual authentication and
session key establishment between an EAP peer and an EAP server.  It
supports authentication techniques that are based on passwords,
high-entropy shared keys, and public key certificates.  EAP-IKEv2
further provides support for cryptographic ciphersuite negotiation, hash
function agility, identity confidentiality (in certain modes of
operation), fragmentation, and an optional "fast reconnect" mode.  This
memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Discussion
and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

         To: [email-masked]
         Subject: getting rfcs

         help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec