Subject: [IPsec] Fwd: [saag] TSVWG last call on "UDP Usage Guidelines for Application Designers" to BCP

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:25:51 -0400

[[ Of interest to us UDP-users. ]]

>Hi,
>
>I would like to inform that currently TSVWG has started the WG last call
>on "UDP Usage Guidelines for Application Designers"
>(draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-06) with the intended status of BCP. It
>runs until the 21st of April. If you like to provide any comments please
>send them to the TSVWG mailing list ([email-masked]).
>
>Abstract:
>
>     The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) provides a minimal, message-passing
>     transport that has no inherent congestion control mechanisms.
>     Because congestion control is critical to the stable operation of the
>     Internet, applications and upper-layer protocols that choose to use
>     UDP as an Internet transport must employ mechanisms to prevent
>     congestion collapse and establish some degree of fairness with
>     concurrent traffic.  This document provides guidelines on the use of
>     UDP for the designers of such applications and upper-layer protocols.
>     Congestion control guidelines are a primary focus, but the document
>     also provides guidance on other topics, including message sizes,
>     reliability, checksums and middlebox traversal.
>
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-06.txt
>
>Best Regards
>
>Magnus Westerlund
>
>IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
>Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
>S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
>----------------------------------------------------------------------

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec