Subject: [IPsec] ipsec rekey issue

From: mix <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:52:27 +0800

Hi all,

I have a rekey problem reference from
http://www.kame.net/racoon/racoon-ml/msg00874.html
I use 2.6.21.7 kernel with ipsec-tools 0.6.5 as the server, and Windows
XP as the client.

Setup a road warrior mode

Windows XP <---------------> VPN server <-----------> Internet
VPN Tunnel

The problem is when the tunnel is built, Windows XP try to download a
big file about 200MB.
When download progress reached about 120~130MB, Windows XP can not
access internet anymore.
After about 5 minutes, the tunnel seems work, Windows can access
internet again.
Any advice will be appreciated
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: VANHULLEBUS Yvan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:39:13 +0200

> Hi all,

Hi.

> Any advice will be appreciated

If your problem occurs when you try to download a big file, you should
better have a look at your client's MTU / TCPMSS.

If your problems occurs every 80% of IPSec-SA's lifetime, you're
probably experiencing a problem similar to the one explained in the
link you provided, which have been fixed in most recents kernels (I
don't know exactly in which version).

You may also consider posting to ipsec-tools-users mailing list, which
is probably more appropriate for such request.

Yvan.

-- 
NETASQ
http://www.netasq.com