Subject: [IPsec] Curious about the meeting procedures

From: "Narayanan, Vidya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 02:26:04 -0700

Hi,
Admittedly I came in late into the meeting room, but, I'm curious -
apparently, we were running late and couldn't handle more than one
question or even more than one or two responses to it.  But then, the
presenter got into backup slides and took the time to present all the
material.  I'd imagine that the presentations to be kept to the minimum
needed so we can get to some reasonable level of Q&A, the typical
expectation being that the presentation is not intended to be a tutorial
of the topic.  Is the new accepted mode of operation for this WG? 

- Vidya
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:02:31 +0100

>Admittedly I came in late into the meeting room, but, I'm curious -

Your question below was in fact discussed at the beginning of the meeting.

>question or even more than one or two responses to it.

...because we have time to answer them at the end, as explained in the agenda.

>But then, the

Yes. If you didn't like the agenda, you could have let us know before 
the middle of the meeting. For future meetings, please review the 
agenda beforehand and let the co-chairs know if you have a better way 
for us to run the face-to-face meeting. Thanks!

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium