Subject: [IPsec] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-detienne-ikev2-recovery-01]

From: Pratima Sethi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:54:56 +0530

We posted a new version of  safe ike recovery. Notable changes to this 
draft are -  We have elaborated on the integration with IKE Session 
Resumption which was cited as one of the ways of recovery in the 
previous version of the draft. This draft cites a way for using IKE 
Session Resumption with Safe IKE recovery without increasing the number 
of round trips needed for detection and recovery together.We have 
included a potential MitM attack that could be launch on Safe IKE 
recovery and described the protection mechanisms built into IKE recovery 
that make such attacks not so interesting.

Please review the draft which is available at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-detienne-ikev2-recovery-01.txt

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-detienne-ikev2-recovery-01
Date: 	Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:08:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-detienne-ikev2-recovery-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Pratima Sethi and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-detienne-ikev2-recovery
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Safe IKE Recovery
Creation_date:	 2008-07-14
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 23

Abstract:
The Internet Key Exchange protocol version 2 (IKEv2) suffers from the
limitation of not having a means to quickly recover from a stale
state known as dangling Security Associations (SA's) where one side
has SA's that the corresponding party does not have anymore.

This Draft proposes to address the limitation by offering an
immediate, DoS-free recovery mechanism for IKE.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec