Subject: [IPsec] Proposed document list for ipsecme

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 22:24:15 +0300

Hi,

the following list attempts to cover the working group's charter. Please 
review and comment.

o A revision to IKEv2 (RFC 4306) that incorporates the clarifications 
from RFC 4718, and otherwise improves the quality of the specification, 
taking into account implementation and interoperability experience.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2bis
Proposed authors: Charlie Kaufman, Paul Hoffman, plus one implementer

o An IPsec document roadmap that describes the various RFC documents 
covering IPsec, including both the core RFC 240x and RFC 430x versions 
of IPsec, and extensions specified in other documents.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-roadmap
Proposed editor(s): one or two volunteers

o A standards-track extension to IKEv2 that provides full IPv6 support 
for IPsec remote access clients that use configuration payloads.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config
Proposed authors: Pasi Eronen, plus one implementer

o A standards-track extension that allows an IPsec remote access client 
to "resume" a session with a gateway; that is, to skip certain parts of 
IKE negotation when connecting again to the same gateway (or possibly a 
cluster of closely cooperating gateways).
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-resumption
Proposed authors: Authors of draft-sheffer-ipsec-failover-03.txt

o A standards-track extension to IPsec that allows an IPsec remote 
access gateway to redirect VPN clients to another gateway.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect
Proposed authors: Authors of draft-devarapalli-ipsec-ikev2-redirect-00.txt

Note that the session resumption draft and the redirection drafts might 
be merged into a single draft if it makes technical sense.

Paul & Yaron
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:13:23 -0700

Updated to add the ESP-null work

The following list attempts to cover the working group's charter. 
Please review and comment.

o A revision to IKEv2 (RFC 4306) that incorporates the clarifications 
from RFC 4718, and otherwise improves the quality of the 
specification, taking into account implementation and 
interoperability experience.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2bis
Proposed authors: Charlie Kaufman, Paul Hoffman, plus one implementer

o An IPsec document roadmap that describes the various RFC documents 
covering IPsec, including both the core RFC 240x and RFC 430x 
versions of IPsec, and extensions specified in other documents.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-roadmap
Proposed editor(s): one or two volunteers

o A standards-track extension to IKEv2 that provides full IPv6 
support for IPsec remote access clients that use configuration 
payloads.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config
Proposed authors: Pasi Eronen, plus one implementer

o A standards-track extension that allows an IPsec remote access 
client to "resume" a session with a gateway; that is, to skip certain 
parts of IKE negotation when connecting again to the same gateway (or 
possibly a cluster of closely cooperating gateways).
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-resumption
Proposed authors: Authors of draft-sheffer-ipsec-failover-03.txt

o A standards-track mechanism that allows an intermediary device, 
such as a firewall or intrusion detection system, to easily and 
reliably determine whether an ESP packet is encrypted with the NULL 
cipher; and if it is, determine the location of the actual payload 
data inside the
packet.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-null
Proposed authors: Authors of draft-grewal-ipsec-traffic-visibility-01.txt

Note that the session resumption draft and the redirection drafts 
might be merged into a single draft if it makes technical sense.

Paul & Yaron

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium