Subject: Re: [IPsec] Proposed document list for ipsecme

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:35:41 -0700 (PDT)

What about the ESP visibility deliverable? Did this get dropped?

----- Original Message ----
From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 7, 2008 12:24:15 PM
Subject: [IPsec] Proposed document list for ipsecme

Hi,

the following list attempts to cover the working group's charter. Please 
review and comment.

o A revision to IKEv2 (RFC 4306) that incorporates the clarifications 
from RFC 4718, and otherwise improves the quality of the specification, 
taking into account implementation and interoperability experience.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2bis
Proposed authors: Charlie Kaufman, Paul Hoffman, plus one implementer

o An IPsec document roadmap that describes the various RFC documents 
covering IPsec, including both the core RFC 240x and RFC 430x versions 
of IPsec, and extensions specified in other documents.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-roadmap
Proposed editor(s): one or two volunteers

o A standards-track extension to IKEv2 that provides full IPv6 support 
for IPsec remote access clients that use configuration payloads.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config
Proposed authors: Pasi Eronen, plus one implementer

o A standards-track extension that allows an IPsec remote access client 
to "resume" a session with a gateway; that is, to skip certain parts of 
IKE negotation when connecting again to the same gateway (or possibly a 
cluster of closely cooperating gateways).
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-resumption
Proposed authors: Authors of draft-sheffer-ipsec-failover-03.txt

o A standards-track extension to IPsec that allows an IPsec remote 
access gateway to redirect VPN clients to another gateway.
Proposed filename: draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect
Proposed authors: Authors of draft-devarapalli-ipsec-ikev2-redirect-00.txt

Note that the session resumption draft and the redirection drafts might 
be merged into a single draft if it makes technical sense.

Paul & Yaron
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:09:00 -0700 (PDT)

To answer my own question: it was not dropped, this was just an oversight.

As confirmed by the IESG via separate email, the ESP visibility item is indeed 
in the approved charter.

----- Original Message ----
From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 7, 2008 12:24:15 PM
Subject: [IPsec] Proposed document list for ipsecme

Hi,

Paul & Yaron