Subject: [IPsec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-xu-ike-sa-sync-01

From: "Peny Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 21:07:41 +0800

Hi, Folks:

We updated our draft on IKE SA session resumption.
Please review it. Comments are more than welcome.

Thanks a lot
BRG
- Peny

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:55 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-xu-ike-sa-sync-01
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-xu-ike-sa-sync-01.txt has been successfuly
submitted by Peng Yang and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-xu-ike-sa-sync
Revision:        01
Title:           IKEv2 SA Synchronization for session resumption
Creation_date:   2008-10-07
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 18

Abstract:
It will take a long time and mass computation to do session
resumption among IKE/IPsec gateways possibly maintaining huge numbers
of IKEv2/IPsec SAs, when the serving gateway fails or over-loaded.
The major reason is that the prcocedure of IKEv2 SA re-establishment
will incur a time-consuming computation especially in the Diffie-
Hellman exchange.  In this draft, a new IKE security associations
synchronization solution is proposed to do fast IKE SA session
resumption by directly transferring the indexed IKE SA (named stub)
from old gateway to new gateway, wherein the most expensive Diffie-
Hellman calculation can be avoided.  Without some time-consuming
IKEv2 exchanges, the huge amount of IKE/IPsec SA session resumption
procedures can be finished in a short time.

The IETF Secretariat.
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec