Subject: [IPsec] CFP: SECURECOMM (Submission deadline: March 31)

From: "Z. Morley Mao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 01:39:03 -0500

We apologize if you receive this announcement multiple times.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                         SECURECOMM 2009

 Fifth International ICST Conference on Security and Privacy for
                      Communication Networks

              Athens, Greece, September 14-18, 2009
                  URL: http://www.securecomm.org

                          Sponsored by:
                       ICST (www.icst.org)

                         Co-Sponsored By:
                    CreateNet (www.create-net.it)

       PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE is March 31, 2009 (11:59 PM CDT)

=====================================================================
Securecomm seeks high-quality research contributions in the form of
well developed papers. Topics of interest encompass research advances
in ALL areas of secure communications and networking. However, topics
in other areas (e.g., formal methods, database security, secure
software, foundations of cryptography) will be considered only if a
clear connection to private or secure communications/networking is
demonstrated. The aim of Securecomm is to bring together security and
privacy experts in academia, industry and government as well as
practitioners, standards developers and policy makers, in order to
engage in a discussion about common goals and explore important
research directions in the field. Securecomm also serves as a venue
for learning about state-of-the-art in security and privacy research,
giving attendees the opportunity to network with experts in the field.
Presentations reporting on cutting-edge research results are
supplemented by panels on controversial issues and invited talks on
timely and important topics.

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original research contributions are
solicited. Submissions must not be concurrently under review by a
conference, journal or any other venue that has proceedings.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Only PDF formats are accepted for all
submissions.  Paper submissions must not exceed 10 pages in IEEE
conference style, twocolumn format, not including the
bibliography. Well-marked appendices of up to 2 pages are allowed but
will be read only at the discretion of reviewers.  All submitted
papers will be judged based on their quality through *doubleblind*
reviewing, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the
reviewers. Authors' names must not appear in the paper.  Complete
paper submission instructions are available at the conference website.

TOPICS of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

* Security & Privacy in Wired, Wireless, Mobile, Hybrid, Sensor, Ad
 Hoc networks
* Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Firewalls, Packet Filters
* Malware and botnets
* Communication Privacy and Anonymity
* Distributed denial of service
* Public Key Infrastructures, key management, credentials
* Web security
* Secure Routing, Naming/Addressing, Network Management
* Security & Privacy in Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, e.g., RFIDs
* Security & Privacy for emerging technologies: VoIP, peer-to-peer and
 overlay network systems, Web 2.0

WORKSHOPS: Proposals for one-day workshops to be held in conjunction
with the conference are solicited. A maximum of 2 pages should be
submitted which include the workshop name, its scope and a list of
topic of interests.  Proposals should be submitted to the General
Chair by April 1, 2009.

DEMOS: Proposals for research and industrial demos are solicited. A
maximum of 2 pages should be submitted which include a description of
the demo and needed resources from the conference
organizers. Proposals should be submitted to the General Chair by June
1, 2009.

IMPORTANT DATES
--------------------
Paper Submission: March 31, 2009
Notification of Acceptance: June 12, 2009
Camera-ready Version: July 9, 2009

======================================================
CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Chair
-------------
Peng Liu, Penn State Univeristy, USA

TPC Chairs
----------
Yan Chen, Northwestern University, USA
Tassos Dimitriou, Athens Information Technology, Greece

Steering Commitee
--------------------
Imrich Chlamtac (Chair), Create-Net, Italy
Krishna Sivalingam (Co-chair), University of Maryland Baltimore
County, USA / Indian Institute of Technology Madras
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec