Subject: [IPsec] IKEv2 certificate authority

From: "Paulina Tran (ptran)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:13:20 -0800

Certificate Authority field in a certificate payload has variable length
as indicated in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2bis-01#section-3.7
 
When this field is not included in a certificate payload, does this mean
the responder can
choose the certificate authority to use ?  
In ikev1 this case is specified in
 http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2408.txt section 3.10.
"This would be included to assist the responder in
       determining how much of the certificate chain would need to be
       sent in response to this request.  If there is no specific
       certificate authority requested, this field SHOULD not be
       included." 
 
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec