Subject: Re: [IPsec] Deep Inspecting ESP-NULL Packets

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:52:37 +0200

> If you want this to be a serious consideration of the WG, we need
> more than brief chimes. Asking us to look in the archives for
> multiple messages listing some heuristics is a bit challenging.
> Could one or both of you put together an Internet Draft that lists
> all of the heuristics that you consider sufficient for detecting
> most ESP-NULL traffic? That would help the WG greatly! 

It took bit longer than I expected, and the actual draft is also
longer than what I expected, but now it is now submitted:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: <[email-masked]>
Subject: I-D Action:draft-kivinen-ipsecme-esp-null-heuristics-00.txt
Date: 2009-01-22 15:45:01 GMT

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Heuristics for Detecting ESP-NULL packets
	Author(s)       : T. Kivinen, D. McDonald
	Filename        : draft-kivinen-ipsecme-esp-null-heuristics-00.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2009-01-22

This document describes a heuristic approach for distinguishing ESP-
NULL (Encapsulating Security Payload without encryption) packets from
encrypted ESP packets.  The reason for using heuristics instead of
modifying ESP is to provide a solution that can be used now without
updating all end nodes.  With heuristic methods, only the
intermediate devices wanting to find ESP-NULL packets need to be
updated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-esp-null-heuristics-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
-- 
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec