Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Re-direct Mechanism for IKEv2
	Author(s)       : V. Devarapalli, K. Weniger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-02-09

IKEv2 is a protocol for setting up VPN tunnels from a remote location
to a gateway so that the VPN client can access services in the
network behind the gateway.  Currently there is no standard mechanism
specified that allows an overloaded VPN gateway or a VPN gateway that
is being shut down for maintenance to re-direct the VPN client to
attach to another gateway.  This document proposes a re-direct
mechanism for IKEv2.  The proposed mechanism can also be used in
Mobile IPv6 to enable the home agent to re-direct the mobile node to
another home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:16:32 +0200

Hi,

The following paragraph was added following my comments to the previous version:

   Both IKEv2 peers SHOULD indicate support for the re-direct mechanism
   if they support it and are willing to process REDIRECT notification
   messages.  This is done by including the REDIRECT_SUPPORTED payload
   in the IKE_SA_INIT exchange by both peers.  REDIRECT Notification
   messages MUST NOT be sent unless the peer has indicated support for
   it.

But this should always apply, whenever the responder does not send a REDIRECT. So it needs be shown in the new exchange on Sec. 5.

Thanks,
        Yaron

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 20:30
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-04.txt
>

Email secured by Check Point