Subject: [IPsec] Closing more IKEv2bis issues

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:23:52 -0800

Here is the status of the open issues that we discussed at the interim WG meeting in early February. If you want to discuss any of them, please do not reply to this message but instead start a thread with the issue number in the subject.

--Paul Hoffman

Issue #36, Interaction of IKE_SA_INIT retransmissions with specific notifies.
	No comments, but it seems like a valid minor addition; accepted.

Issue #14: Bounding the retransmit time.
	Small amount of discussion; accepted. Wording will indicate that this is
	optional for the one closing the window but should be anticipated by
	the party waiting a long time.

Issue #19: Motivation for including SPIs in the cookie.
	No comments, but seems harmless. Accepted.

Issue #62: Security considerations - implementation robustness.
	Accepted.

Issue #16 and #45: Order of IKE payloads. 
	Agreement that we cannot change the requirement in RFC 4306, but
	disagreement on what that means, particularly because RFC 4306
	requires a small subset of the required ordering. Paul will propose
	some new text.

Issue #11: Clarify which traffic selectors to use in rekeying.
	Not accepted because some people may be doing decorrelating, but
	others might not be doing it.

Issue #68: Counter mode ciphers in IKEv2 to protect IKE SA.
	General agreement that the document specifies that IV needs to be
	unpredictable for CBC, and gives a reference to other docs for the
	non-CBC modes. Paul will republish text for this issue.