Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Re-direct Mechanism for IKEv2
	Author(s)       : V. Devarapalli, K. Weniger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-02-02

IKEv2 is a protocol for setting up VPN tunnels from a remote location
to a gateway so that the VPN client can access services in the
network behind the gateway.  Currently there is no standard mechanism
specified that allows an overloaded VPN gateway or a VPN gateway that
is being shut down for maintenance to re-direct the VPN client to
attach to another gateway.  This document proposes a re-direct
mechanism for IKEv2.  The proposed mechanism can also be used in
Mobile IPv6 to enable the home agent to re-direct the mobile node to
another home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:08:52 -0800

Hello,

I got quite a few emails offline asking for an update of the draft. So
here it is. The only change is removal of the REDIRECT_ACK
notification payload. An empty Informational message is used by the
client to indicate that it processed the REDIRECT payload.

There is still one open issue on the exact procedure when the gateway
decides to re-direct the client during the IKE_AUTH exchange.

Vijay