Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Redirect Mechanism for IKEv2
	Author(s)       : V. Devarapalli, K. Weniger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-06.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-03-23

IKEv2 is a protocol for setting up VPN tunnels from a remote location
to a gateway so that the VPN client can access services in the
network behind the gateway.  Currently there is no standard mechanism
specified that allows an overloaded VPN gateway or a VPN gateway that
is being shut down for maintenance to redirect the VPN client to
attach to another gateway.  This document proposes a redirect
mechanism for IKEv2.  The proposed mechanism can also be used in
Mobile IPv6 to enable the home agent to redirect the mobile node to
another home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Vijay Devarapalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:02:28 -0400

Hello,

I submitted a revised document addressing some of the issues that we
have already agreed upon.

There are still two open issues

1. When to send to the REDIRECT payload when EAP or multiple
authentications are used

2. REDIRECT message and the corresponding PAD entries. The issue is
about whether the new gateway should already be in the PAD or a new PAD
entry is created for the new gateway on the client.

Hopefully we conclude on these two issues this week.

Vijay

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 7:45 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-06.txt
>