Subject: [IPsec] minor comment on ikev2bis draft

From: Scott C Moonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:52:09 -0400

Section 1.3.2 indicates that the KEi payload MUST be included, but the 
diagram puts it in brackets.

Additionally, in section 1.3.2 the responder diagram shows KEr in 
brackets.  But KEr is no more optional than SA and Nr; i.e., it must be 
present on success, and will be absent on any failure (such as 
INVALID_KE_PAYLOAD, NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN, etc.).

Scott Moonen ([email-masked])
z/OS Communications Server TCP/IP Development
http://scott.andstuff.org/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/smoonen

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:04:24 -0700

At 2:52 PM -0400 3/12/09, Scott C Moonen wrote:
>Section 1.3.2 indicates that the KEi payload MUST be included, but the diagram puts it in brackets.
>
>Additionally, in section 1.3.2 the responder diagram shows KEr in brackets.  But KEr is no more optional than SA and Nr; i.e., it must be present on success, and will be absent on any failure (such as INVALID_KE_PAYLOAD, NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN, etc.).

This is an extension to now-closed issue #50.

Good call. I will remove the brackets from around the KEs in the diagrams.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium