Subject: [IPsec] Questions about RFC 4945

From: Keith Welter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:07:26 -0700

First, is this the right mailing on which to post questions about RFC 
4945?

Second, should RFC 4945 section 4 (Use of Certificates in RFC 4301 and 
IKEv2) be considered a supplement to section 3 (Use of Certificates in RFC 
2401 and IKEv1/ISAKMP) or should section 3 and section 4 be considered to 
be completely independent?  For example, I'm wondering if the IP 
validation check described in section 3.1.1 should apply to IKEv2 in 
addition to IKEv1 or only to IKEv1.

Keith Welter
IBM Enterprise Networking Solutions
1-415-545-2694 (T/L: 473-2694)

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:12:55 -0700

At 11:07 AM -0700 3/9/09, Keith Welter wrote:
>First, is this the right mailing on which to post questions about RFC 4945?
>
>Second, should RFC 4945 section 4 (Use of Certificates in RFC 4301 and IKEv2) be considered a supplement to section 3 (Use of Certificates in RFC 2401 and IKEv1/ISAKMP) or should section 3 and section 4 be considered to be completely independent?

Completely independent.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium