Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Redirect Mechanism for IKEv2
	Author(s)       : V. Devarapalli, K. Weniger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-07.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-04-08

IKEv2 is a protocol for setting up VPN tunnels from a remote location
to a gateway so that the VPN client can access services in the
network behind the gateway.  Currently there is no standard mechanism
specified that allows an overloaded VPN gateway or a VPN gateway that
is being shut down for maintenance to redirect the VPN client to
attach to another gateway.  This document proposes a redirect
mechanism for IKEv2.  The proposed mechanism can also be used in
Mobile IPv6 to enable the home agent to redirect the mobile node to
another home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Vijay Devarapalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:11:08 -0400

There were three changes in version 07.

- Specified that if EAP or multiple auth is used, then the redirect can
be sent in the last IKE_AUTH response message

-  Added text in the security considerations that says the redirect
mechanism must not result in modifications of PAD entries

- Fixed a bug on Payload Length field for the REDIRECT payload

Vijay

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 4:00 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-07.txt
>