Subject: [IPsec] Anyone have a 4868-compilant HMAC-SHA-{384, 512} for AH/ESP to test?

From: Dan McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:18:14 -0400

I'm discovering interoperability bugs between OpenSolaris and other platforms
in the SHA-2 space, mostly around SHA-384 and SHA-512.

Does anyone have an implementation that we can run some quick manually-keyed
tests against?

Thanks,
Dan

---

From: Martin Willi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 10:13:55 +0200

Hi Dan,

> in the SHA-2 space, mostly around SHA-384 and SHA-512.

The Linux kernel implements an outdated truncation length for SHA256 only. But we
successfully tested the SHA2 family against other vendors using this patch [1].

> Does anyone have an implementation that we can run some quick manually-keyed

Carol uses SHA256 in our blowfish test scenario [2].

Best regards,
Martin

[1]http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2008/6/5/2039114
[2]http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults43/openssl/alg-blowfish/