Subject: [IPsec] CFP : ICST International Workshop on Security in Emerging Wireless Communication and Networking Systems

From: Qijun Gu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:41:45 -0500

Apologies if you have received this CFP.

=====================
Call For Papers

SEWCN 2009 : The First ICST International Workshop on Security in 
Emerging Wireless Communication and Networking Systems

(http://www.cs.txstate.edu/~qg11/sewcn2009/)

September 14, 2009, Athens, Greece

In conjunction with SecureComm, 2009

*Sponsors

Sponsored by ICST

Technically co-sponsored by CREATE-NET

*Scope

Innovative wireless communication and networking systems have been 
proposed and studied in recent years, including cognitive radio 
networks, multi-channel multi-radio networks, cyber-physical systems, 
vehicle ad hoc networks, and others. The goal of this workshop is to 
develop and employ secure architectaures and protocols to enhance these 
emerging wireless systems. As these wireless systems have new features 
and serve new applications, they are raising new security concerns that 
existing security technologies may not be sufficient to tackle. Hence, 
these wireless systems require re-examination of current security 
techniques and creation of new security schemes. The design of these 
wireless systems also needs security as an integral part to prevent 
misuse of them and assure their functionality. This workshop 
particularly invites new ideas on security in the context of these 
emerging wireless communication and networking systems, including 
identifying new threats and new primitives for supporting secure system 
design.

*Topics of Interest

This workshop invites original technical papers that were not previously 
published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere. 
Topics on security in emerging wireless systems include, but are not 
limited to the following:

Vulnerabilities and threats
Cross-layer design for security
Security of cognitive radio
Security of channel management
Resilient control over network
Secure neighbor and location discovery
Key management
Intrusion detection and response
User and data privacy
Anti-jamming communication
Denial of service

*Important Dates

Submission deadline : July 1
Notification date : July 27
Camera ready submission : Aug 3

*Paper Submission and Publishing

Papers should be prepared according to the LNICST format. The style 
template and instructions are available at 
http://www.springer.com/computer?SGWID=0-146-6-564009-0. Submitted 
papers should not exceed 9 pages in single column and should be in PDF 
format. All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality 
through double-blind reviewing, where the identities of the authors 
should not appear in the paper. Authours should submit papers to the 
EasyChair system at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sewcn09.

The proceeding of the workshop will be published with LNICST (Springer 
Lecture Notes of ICST) and distributed through an extensive global 
network of library consortia and appear on SpringerLink, one of the 
largest online scientific libraries, as well as the European Union 
Digital Library (EUDL), ICST's official digital library.

*Workshop Chairs

Qijun Gu, Texas State University-San Marcos, USA
Wanyu Zang, Western Illinois University, USA

Please direct any questions regarding the workshop to [email-masked] 
or [email-masked]

-- 
--
Qijun Gu
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
Texas State University - San Marcos
601 University Dr, San Marcos, TX
Phone: 512-245-3518
Fax: 512-245-8750
Web: www.cs.txstate.edu/~qg11/