Subject: [IPsec] Fwd: FW: New Version Notification for draft-padmakumar-ikev2-redirect-and-auth-offload-00

From: Padmakumar AV <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 20:23:57 +0530

Hi All,

I submitted a new draft draft-padmakumar-ikev2-redirect-and-auth-offload-00
(
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-padmakumar-ikev2-redirect-and-auth-offload-00.txt
).

This draft discuss IKEv2 redirect based mechanism to offload Authenication
related work to a trusted third party.

I'd like to have comments on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Padmakumar

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 7:28 PM
To: Padmakumar Av (paav)
Cc: Manikchand Bafna (manikrb); Pratima Sethi (psethi)
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-padmakumar-ikev2-redirect-and-auth-offload-00

A new version of I-D,
draft-padmakumar-ikev2-redirect-and-auth-offload-00.txt has been successfuly
submitted by A Padmakumar and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-padmakumar-ikev2-redirect-and-auth-offload
Revision:        00
Title:           IKEv2 Redirect and Authentication Offload
Creation_date:   2009-07-09
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 14

Abstract:
IKEv2 is a component of IPsec used for performing mutual
authentication and establishing and maintaining security associations
(SAs).  Redirect Mechanism for IKEv2 proposes a mechanism for IKEv2
that enables a VPN gateway to redirect the VPN client to another VPN
gateway, for example, based on the load condition.

Redirect mechanism can also be used to redirect a client to another
router (Trust Anchor) to do mutual authentication on behalf of the
server.  After mutual authentication Trust Anchor can redirect the
client back to the server with an Access Token which can be used as a
pre-shared key between the server and client for password based
IKE_AUTH exchange.  This document describes a mechanism to use IKEv2
redirects to offload such verifications to another trusted third
party.

The IETF Secretariat.