Subject: [IPsec] New version of labeled ipsec drafts

From: Joy Latten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:26:06 -0500

Hi,

New versions of labeled ipsec drafts are available for review.
Please send any comments to [email-masked].

Thanks!

regards,
Joy Latten

A new version of I-D, draft-jml-ipsec-ikev2-security-context-01.txt has
been successfuly submitted by Joy Latten and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-jml-ipsec-ikev2-security-context
Revision:        01
Title:           Security Context Addendum to IPsec
Creation_date:   2009-07-10
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 10

Abstract:
This document describes the high-level requirements needed within
IPsec to support Mandatory Access Control (MAC) on network
communications. It describes the extensions to the Security
Architecture for the Internet Protocol [RFC4301] and the Internet
Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 [RFC4306]. It also describes the
negotiation of the security context for a particular Authentication
Header (AH) [RFC4302] and/or Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
[RFC4303] security association.

The IETF Secretariat.

A new version of I-D, draft-jml-ipsec-ikev1-security-context-01.txt has
been successfuly submitted by Joy Latten and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-jml-ipsec-ikev1-security-context
Revision:        01
Title:           draft-jml-ipsec-ikev1-security-context-01
Creation_date:   2009-07-10
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 7

Abstract:
This document describes the need for and use of a security context
within IPsec. It describes the extension to the Internet IP Security
Domain of Interpretation (IPsec DOI) [RFC2407] for the Internet
Security Association and Key Management Protocol (ISAKMP) [RFC2408].
This extension supports the negotiation of the security context for a
particular IP Authentication Header (AH) [RFC4302] or IP
Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) [RFC4303] security association.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:53:21 +1000

Hi Joy,

Couldn't the security context information be expressed in the IKEv2
version as a new Traffic Selector type?

It seems that the IKEv2 negotiation exchanges a parameter set 
that describes the upper-layer data to pass over the ESP or AH 
SA.

This is what the Traffic Selectors in IKEv2 do.

Greg Daley

----------------------------------------
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:26:06 -0500
> CC: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [IPsec] New version of labeled ipsec drafts
>
> Hi,
>
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

_________________________________________________________________
POP access for Hotmail is here! Click here to find out more
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=802246

---

From: Joy Latten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:46:00 -0500

Hi Greg,

> This is what the Traffic Selectors in IKEv2 do.
Thanks for reviewing. This sounds like an idea I would like
to look into. I am on vacation, but will look into it as soon as I get
back.

Thanks!

regards,
Joy Latten