Subject: [IPsec] draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-13.txt

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:43:32 +0300

I read through this document, and it seems to be mostly ok.

Only think that might require clarification is the section "11. IANA
Considerations".

It currently says that "A specification that extends this registry
MUST also mention which of the new values are valid in which
Notification payload.", but looking at the initial IANA table, that
does not give that information.

It would be much better if the initial table would be specified
correctly already in this document i.e give initial table as:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Registry:
      Value     Description                           Used In   Reference
      -------   -----------------------------------   -------   ---------
      1         IPv4 address of the new VPN gateway   R,RF      [RFCXXXX]
      2         IPv6 address of the new VPN gateway   R,RF      [RFCXXXX]
      3         FQDN of the new VPN gateway           R         [RFCXXXX]
      4-240     Unassigned                                      [RFCXXXX]
      241-255   Private Use                                     [RFCXXXX]

      R = REDIRECT notify
      RF = REDIRECTED_FROM notify
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This kind of method is already used in IANA registries, for example
IKEv2 Transform Type registry lists which values are used in IKE and
which are used in ESP/AH (http://www.iana.org/assignments/ikev2-parameters). 
-- 
[email-masked]