Subject: [IPsec] RFC 5685 on Redirect Mechanism for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:05:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5685

        Title:      Redirect Mechanism for the Internet 
                    Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     V. Devarapalli, K. Weniger
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35100
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5685.txt

The Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2) is a protocol
for setting up Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunnels from a remote
location to a gateway so that the VPN client can access services in
the network behind the gateway.  This document defines an IKEv2
extension that allows an overloaded VPN gateway or a VPN gateway that
is being shut down for maintenance to redirect the VPN client to
attach to another gateway.  The proposed mechanism can also be used
in Mobile IPv6 to enable the home agent to redirect the mobile node
to another home agent.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 19:53:31 +0200

This is the first RFC produced by the IPsecME working group. Congratulations and a big thank you to Vijay and Kilian!

	Yaron

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:ietf-announce-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 2:05
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RFC 5685 on Redirect Mechanism for the Internet Key Exchange
> Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
> 
> Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.