Subject: Re: [IPsec] Proposed work item: Failure detection in IKEv2 - YES

From: Min Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 10:14:52 +0800

I am interested in discussing on this topic further. 
I would like to review this draft.

regards,
Min

Sun, 29 Nov 2009 19:18:59 +0200, Yaron Sheffer wrote: 
This work item proposes an IKEv2 extension to allow an IKE peer to quickly
and securely detect that its opposite peer has lost state. This is claimed
to be quicker than the current method, which is based on time outs.

Proposed starting point: http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-nir-ike-qcd-05.txt
or http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-detienne-ikev2-recovery-03.
 
Please reply to the list:
 
- If this proposal is accepted as a WG work item, are you committing to
review multiple versions of the draft?
- Are you willing to contribute text to the draft?
- Would you like to co-author it?
 
Please also reply to the list if:
 
- You believe this is NOT a reasonable activity for the WG to spend time on.
 
If this is the case, please explain your position. Do not explore the fine
technical details (which will change anyway, once the WG gets hold of the
draft); instead explain why this is uninteresting for the WG or for the
industry at large. Also, please mark the title clearly (e.g. "DES40-export
in IPsec - NO!").