Subject: [IPsec] solution to a particular scenario

From: love wadhwa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:24:27 +0530

Hi all

I have one *ipsec* tunnel between gatewayA and gatewayB  and the other *
ipsec* tunnel between gateway C and gateway B.The m/c in network A is able
to communicate with m/c in network B through these tunnels.GatewayA and
gatewayC have their WAN ips on separate ISPs.Now my requirement is If WAN
IP1 goes down then the m/c in my network should start sending packets
through the tunnel between GatewayC and Gateway B. Similarly the other way
round.
For this case do i have to establish road warrior configuration for gateway
A and gateway C. In that case how m/c in my n/w A gonna communicate through
the *ipsec* tunnel formed. I also aplied the routing on my n/w A to switch
the packets on Gateway C in case my Gateway A is down but its not working.

           Network-A                     Gateway A                    *IPsec
* tunnel                   Gateway-B        Network-B
          10.0.1.0/24 ----   172.16.0.1  ------     WAN IP
1------------------------ ---------------   WAN IP3 ---- 10.0.2.0/24

           Network A                     Gateway C
                                GatewayB          Network B
          10.0.1.0/24         internal ip            WAN IP2
------------------------- -----------    WAN IP4 ----   10.0.2.0/24

Please help.

-- 
Warm Regards
Love Wadhwa
RedHat Certified Engg