Subject: [IPsec] RFC 5739 on IPv6 Configuration in Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:23:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5739

        Title:      IPv6 Configuration in Internet Key 
                    Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     P. Eronen, J. Laganier,
                    C. Madson
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 67691
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5739.txt

When Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2) is used for
remote VPN access (client to VPN gateway), the gateway assigns the
client an IP address from the internal network using IKEv2
configuration payloads.  The configuration payloads specified in RFC
4306 work well for IPv4 but make it difficult to use certain features
of IPv6.  This document specifies new configuration attributes for
IKEv2 that allows the VPN gateway to assign IPv6 prefixes to clients,
enabling all features of IPv6 to be used with the client-gateway
"virtual link".  This document defines an Experimental Protocol 
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC