Subject: [IPsec] IPsec easy VPN

From: Syed Ajim Hussain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 17:14:43 +0530

Hi All
    Many IPSec vendor support Easy VPN Clients, As I want to know , there is

    no separate RFC for Easy VPN, How this clients compatible with IPSEC 
    Easy VPN Server?  Easy VPN Client uses Mode-Configuration to get IP-    
    Address, DNS Server Address, IPSEC proposal information , ACL 
     information from Server, 
     Where as Mode-Configuration does not have any Easy-VPN Specific
    Attributes.  So does these Easy VPN Mode-Configuration attributes 
    privately defined? 
    Does any company have patent on Easy-VPN Technology. 

  The following attributes are currently defined:

    Attribute                 Value   Type       Length
   ========================= ======= ========== =====================
    RESERVED                    0
    INTERNAL_IP4_ADDRESS        1     Variable   0 or 4 octets
    INTERNAL_IP4_NETMASK        2     Variable   0 or 4 octets
    INTERNAL_IP4_DNS            3     Variable   0 or 4 octets
    INTERNAL_IP4_NBNS           4     Variable   0 or 4 octets
    INTERNAL_ADDRESS_EXPIRY     5     Variable   0 or 4 octets
    INTERNAL_IP4_DHCP           6     Variable   0 or 4 octets
    APPLICATION_VERSION         7     Variable   0 or more
    INTERNAL_IP6_ADDRESS        8     Variable   0 or 16 octets
    INTERNAL_IP6_NETMASK        9     Variable   0 or 16 octets
    INTERNAL_IP6_DNS           10     Variable   0 or 16 octets
    INTERNAL_IP6_NBNS          11     Variable   0 or 16 octets
    INTERNAL_IP6_DHCP          12     Variable   0 or 16 octets
    INTERNAL_IP4_SUBNET        13     Variable   0 or 4 octets
    SUPPORTED_ATTRIBUTES       14     Variable   0 or multiples of 2
    Reserved for future use    15-16383
    Reserved for private use   16384-32767

****************************************************************************

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

****************************************************************************