Subject: [IPsec] HA solution document - moving forward *before* Maastricht

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 06:42:28 +0300

Hi,

We have gotten the HA problem statement 
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ipsec-ha) back from Sean 
Turner, our AD, and we expect it to move to IETF last call soon after 
Yoav issues the next revision. We certainly expect useful input from the 
IETF LC and IESG review, but believe that we are ready to move to the 
next step: an in-depth discussion of possible HA solutions at the 
Maastricht face-to-face meeting next month.

As we said in the past, our preferred process for dealing with this 
issue is through a design team, which will be tasked with publishing a 
strawman proposal before the July 5 initial I-D cutoff. Please let us 
know by tomorrow, June 11 if you'd like to take part in this design team.

Alternatively, we are also open to discuss individually submitted 
solution documents. If you plan to submit such a draft, we would 
appreciate a heads-up by private mail to Paul and myself.

Thanks,
	Yaron