Subject: [IPsec] HA design team started

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:26:13 +0300

Hi,

As promised, we have started a design team on IPsec HA. Paul and I have 
asked Raj Singh to lead the team. His job is to make sure that the team 
meets regularly in the next few weeks, and produces a good output 
document before the Maastricht face-to-face meeting.

The initial membership of the team is:

- Raj Singh ([email-masked], lead)
- Jitender Arora ([email-masked])
- Min Huang ([email-masked])
- Dacheng Zhang ([email-masked])
- Yoav Nir ([email-masked])
- Yaron Sheffer ([email-masked], observer)

According to IETF rules (see 
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/design-team.htm), every design team 
needs to have a mission statement. So here it is:

Produce a high-level solution document that covers most or all of the 
issues raised by the HA problem statement (draft-ietf-ipsecme-ipsec-ha). 
Any solution should be applicable to different deployments, in order to 
accommodate the variety of existing and future IPsec products. Solutions 
should have a similar level of security as the IKE/IPsec suite.

Another process reminder: the design team's output serves as input to 
the full WG, essentially like an individual draft. So all protocol 
decisions will eventually be made by the working group.

Thanks,
	Yaron