Subject: [IPsec] Protocol Action: 'An Extension for EAP-Only Authentication in IKEv2' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:43:54 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'An Extension for EAP-Only Authentication in IKEv2 '
   <draft-ietf-ipsecme-eap-mutual-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsecme-eap-mutual-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies how EAP methods that provide mutual
   authentication and key agreement can be used to provide
   extensible responder authentication for
   IKEv2 based on methods other than public key signatures.

Working Group Summary

   Nothing particular to note about WG discussions.  It did
   receive an adequate amount of review. 

Document Quality

   One developer said they had implemented this experimentally
   and hand no problem.  There are other developers who have
   expressed interest in implementing it in the future.

Personnel

   Paul Hoffman ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner ([email-masked]) is the Responsible Area Director.
   The IANA Expert for the registries in this document is
   Tero Kivinen ([email-masked]).