Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-eap-mutual-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension for EAP-Only Authentication in IKEv2
	Author(s)       : P. Eronen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-eap-mutual-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-06-14

IKEv2 specifies that EAP authentication must be used together with
public key signature based responder authentication.  This is
necessary with old EAP methods that provide only unilateral
authentication using, e.g., one-time passwords or token cards.

This document specifies how EAP methods that provide mutual
authentication and key agreement can be used to provide extensible
responder authentication for IKEv2 based on methods other than public
key signatures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsecme-eap-mutual-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "V Jyothi-B22245" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:14:39 +0530

Hi,

To my knowledge, each EAP method has client and server implementation.

Suppose if there are two gateways: gw1 and gw2, gw1 has EAP client
implementation and gw2 has EAP server implementation.
Irrespective of IKEv2 acting as initiator or responder, can gw1 act as
only EAP client and gw2 act as only EAP server.
With this posted draft, is it possible to achieve this functionality.

Thanks
Jyothi

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-eap-mutual-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension for EAP-Only Authentication in
IKEv2
	Author(s)       : P. Eronen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-eap-mutual-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-06-14

IKEv2 specifies that EAP authentication must be used together with
public key signature based responder authentication.  This is necessary
with old EAP methods that provide only unilateral authentication using,
e.g., one-time passwords or token cards.

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:02:12 +0300

Hi Jyothi,

the proposed protocol is asymmetric. So you will need to make sure 
somehow that gw1 is always the initiator.

Thanks,
	Yaron

On 06/15/2010 06:44 AM, V Jyothi-B22245 wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec