Subject: [IPsec] P2P-VPN draft and side meeting

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 21:25:46 +0200

Hi all

I am glad to see the great volume of comments about our draft. However, we
do seem to be talking about too many things at the same time.

The problems people are talking about can be divided into two broad
categories:
- Setting up tunnels between perfect strangers.
- Setting up tunnels where a chain of trust exists between the peers.

The latter category was what inspired this draft. For the side meeting on
Wednesday, I would like to limit the discussion to that category. Talking
it over with Steve, I think the agenda should be something along the
following lines:
- 20-25 minutes - a presentation about the problems in the draft
- 3x7 minutes - three presentations about deployed proprietary solutions
from Cisco, Juniper and Check Point.
- Discussion of the use cases
- Discussion of possible solutions (let's keep this broad and short)
- Discussion of next steps (that's when we ask "who volunteers to
edit/contribute/review")

Can we have volunteers to create the short vendor presentations?  We need
one from Cisco and one from Juniper. I will do the Check Point one.

Thanks

Yoav

Reminder: the side meeting will take place at the TICC on Wednesday at
20:00 local time. That's 12:00 noon UTC/GMT or 4:00 AM Pacific

Details about room, audio streaming, and jabber room will be sent to the
list early next week.

---

From: Michael Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:48:35 +0800

Yoav,

I would like to request time on the agenda at the side meeting for a short 
presentation on a solution from Huawei Symantec.  It is based on setting up 
tunnels where a chain of trust exists between the peers.  The problem 
statement is covered in the draft titled "Problem Statement for Dynamic 
Secure Interconnect" that I sent to the group earlier.  The draft can be 
found at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00

Mike
----- Original Message ----- 
From: Yoav Nir
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:25 AM
Subject: [IPsec] P2P-VPN draft and side meeting

Hi all

Thanks

Yoav

_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Geoffrey Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 06:42:31 -0800

Yoav,

I'd be happy to do the Juniper presentation.

-geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Yoav Nir
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 11:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IPsec] P2P-VPN draft and side meeting

Hi all

I am glad to see the great volume of comments about our draft. However, we do seem to be talking about too many things at the same time.

The latter category was what inspired this draft. For the side meeting on Wednesday, I would like to limit the discussion to that category. Talking it over with Steve, I think the agenda should be something along the following lines:
- 20-25 minutes - a presentation about the problems in the draft
- 3x7 minutes - three presentations about deployed proprietary solutions from Cisco, Juniper and Check Point.
- Discussion of the use cases
- Discussion of possible solutions (let's keep this broad and short)
- Discussion of next steps (that's when we ask "who volunteers to
edit/contribute/review")

Can we have volunteers to create the short vendor presentations?  We need one from Cisco and one from Juniper. I will do the Check Point one.

Thanks

Yoav

Details about room, audio streaming, and jabber room will be sent to the list early next week.

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:49:32 +0200

Cool. You can use slides, or just handwave. Whatever works for you.

Too bad IETF rooms don't come with whiteboards.

If you are making slides, please send them to me in advance (powerpoint, OpenOffice, or PDF all work OK for me)

Yoav

On Nov 13, 2011, at 10:42 PM, Geoffrey Huang wrote:

> Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 17:01:10 +0200

Also, who's going to present for Cisco?