Subject: [IPsec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-dh-checks-04.txt> (Additional Diffie-Hellman Tests for IKEv2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 07:02:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document:
- 'Additional Diffie-Hellman Tests for IKEv2'
  <draft-ietf-ipsecme-dh-checks-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document adds a small number of mandatory tests required for the
   secure operation of IKEv2 with elliptic curve groups.  No change is
   required to IKE implementations that use modular exponential groups,
   other than a few rarely used so-called DSA groups.  This document
   updates the IKEv2 protocol, RFC 5996.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-dh-checks/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-dh-checks/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.