Subject: [IPsec] IPv6 procedures for inner IPv6 addresses (in 6o* IPsec tunnels)

From: sdjugum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 02:50:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have some doubt on handling of inner IPv6 addresses on IRAC side in case
of e.g. 6o4 IPsec tunnels.
As far as I understood from IKEv2 RFC 5996 VPN interfaces do not necessarily
have link-local addresses and regular IPv6 procedures (MLD, DAD, NUD) are
not done for inner IPv6 addresses by IRAC. Questions:
1. Is it the case only when addresses are obtained via Configuration Payload
or also if they are provisioned statically?
2. If IRAC does not handle these procedures for inner IPv6 addresses, then
who does? IRAS?
3. What should IRAC do if it receives ICMPv6 messages related to those
procedures over tunnel? Is that even possible?

Also, is there any documentation/source saying something more about this? I
have seen something in the mentioned IKEv2 RFC, and some parts in RFC5739,
"IPv6 Configuration in IKEv2" which is experimental and only discusses
configuration using CP payload.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
   Sasa 

--
View this message in context: http://ietf.10.n7.nabble.com/IPsec-IPv6-procedures-for-inner-IPv6-addresses-in-6o-IPsec-tunnels-tp384126.html
Sent from the IETF - Ipsec mailing list archive at Nabble.com.