Subject: [IPsec] RFC 7018 on Auto-Discovery VPN Problem Statement and Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:19:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7018

        Title:      Auto-Discovery VPN Problem Statement and 
                    Requirements 
        Author:     V. Manral, S. Hanna
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27284
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-ad-vpn-problem-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7018.txt

This document describes the problem of enabling a large number of
systems to communicate directly using IPsec to protect the traffic
between them.  It then expands on the requirements for such a
solution.

Manual configuration of all possible tunnels is too cumbersome in
many such cases.  In other cases, the IP addresses of endpoints
change, or the endpoints may be behind NAT gateways, making static
configuration impossible.  The Auto-Discovery VPN solution will
address these requirements.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC