Subject: [IPsec] virtual interim meetings and "freeconference"

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 13:27:33 -0400

The IPsecME WG had a virtual interim meeting last Wednesday.
It used a conference bridge at: +1 712-775-7400 run, I believe by
FreeConference.

I was unable to reach it from a number of landlines, and mobile.  I got
in through GoogleTalk's outdial service, but there was significant quality
issues.

It did not in the end hinder my participation, but it was annoying.

I would like to request that future virtual interim meetings use
a secretariat provided conference bridge.

My VoIP/ISP/LD provider(s) were asked about connections to this number
and I was told:

>----------------- RESPONSE FROM PRIMUS SUPPORT AGENT -----------------
>Hello Michael,
>
>We have got the routing checked and found that we will not be able to
>complete this call to conference bridge at +1 712-775-7400 due to that NPA
>NXX being locked. This is likely due to high toll costs.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 10:46:31 -0700

> a secretariat provided conference bridge.

This is the first we've heard of the problem, but that does sound significant enough for us not to use that service any more. We'll go with the IETF's WebEx service for future interims.

--Paul Hoffman