Subject: Re: [IPsec] WG Last Call on draft-ietf-ipsecme-oob-pubkey

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:30:15 +0300

Michael Richardson writes:
> I followed the reference to draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey-07, which I read.
> I would like to suggest that section 3 more quickly refers to the
> tls-oob-pubkey Appendix A, and that it say something like:
> 
>    In order to provide a simple and standard way to indicate the key
>    type when the encoding type is 'Raw Public Key', the 
>    SubjectPublicKeyInfo structure of the PKIX certificate is used.
>    This is a a very simple encoding, as most of the ASN.1 part can be
>    included literally, and recognized by block comparison.  See 
>    [draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey] Appendix A for a detailed breakdown.
>    In addition, Appendix A has a few examples.

Changed to that. 

> (Yes, add a second example... an RSA example.)

Created second example, this time I didn't have time to modify my code
to actually print out the final IKEv2 payloads, so just created it
manually. Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes there...
-- 
[email-masked]