Subject: [IPsec] Fwd: Re: AD VPN next steps - pls review

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 18:41:54 -0800

Dear IPsec folks,

Two months ago we requested input from the list to determine the
group's consensus on a protocol candidate for auto-discovery VPN.
Sadly, we received too few responses from non-authors (exactly 9),
which we deem insufficient to determine consensus on such a major
work item.

Paul and I have decided to call this activity off. Although there is
certainly industry interest in AD VPN, we seem to lack WG energy to
move forward.

We request and encourage the authors of both leading proposals
(draft-sathyanarayan-ipsecme-advpn and draft-detienne-dmvpn) to
publish them as individually submitted RFCs. Note however that we do not 
know how the Security ADs or the IETF community will want to handle two 
competing proposals.

Thanks,
	Yaron

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 19:01:53 -0800

[Resending with a correct subject line, sorry.]

Dear IPsec folks,

Thanks,
	Yaron