Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-ah-reqts-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 01:41:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)
        Authors         : David McGrew
                          Wajdi Feghali
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-ah-reqts-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-03-03

Abstract:
   This Internet Draft is standards track proposal to update to the
   Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for ESP and AH;
   it also adds usage guidance to help in the selection of these
   algorithms.

   The Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header
   (AH) protocols makes use of various cryptographic algorithms to
   provide confidentiality and/or data origin authentication to
   protected data communications in the IP Security (IPsec)
   architecture.  To ensure interoperability between disparate
   implementations, the IPsec standard specifies a set of mandatory-to-
   implement algorithms.  This document specifies the current set of
   mandatory-to-implement algorithms for ESP and AH, specifies
   algorithms that should be implemented because they may be promoted to
   mandatory at some future time, and also recommends against the
   implementation of some obsolete algorithms.  Usage guidance is also
   provided to help the user of ESP and AH best achieve their security
   goals through appropriate choices of cryptographic algorithms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-ah-reqts/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-ah-reqts-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-ah-reqts-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/