Subject: [IPsec] STD 79, RFC 7296 on Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:17:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 79        
        RFC 7296

        Title:      Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     C. Kaufman, P. Hoffman,
                    Y. Nir, P. Eronen,
                    T. Kivinen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      142
        Characters: 354358
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5996
        See Also:   STD 79

        I-D Tag:    draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-rfc5996bis-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7296.txt

This document describes version 2 of the Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
protocol.  IKE is a component of IPsec used for performing mutual
authentication and establishing and maintaining Security Associations
(SAs).  This document obsoletes RFC 5996, and includes all of the
errata for it.  It advances IKEv2 to be an Internet Standard.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:35:35 +0300

This is the first Internet Standard to do with an IPsec protocol. Thanks 
Sean Turner for initiating this work, and Tero Kivinen for making it happen!

	Paul and Yaron

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: STD 79, RFC 7296 on Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 
(IKEv2)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:17:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

         STD 79
         RFC 7296

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions 
Working Group of the IETF.

The RFC Editor Team