Subject: [IPsec] IKEv1 OSX Server interop issue

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 11:37:33 -0500 (EST)

We received a bug report for a libreswan to OSX server interop failure:

> 003 "ner" #2: DOI of ISAKMP Notification Payload has an unknown value: 
> 16777216

16777216 looks like someone with Apple forgot a htonl() entry:

$ python
Python 2.7.5 (default, Nov  3 2014, 14:33:39) [GCC 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 
4.8.3-7)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> hex(16777216)
'0x1000000'
>>> import socket
>>> socket.htonl(1)
16777216L

We're going to patch libreswan to accept this weird value, but if there
is anyone from Apple on this list, please pass this bug report along[1]

Paul
[1] Yes I used their developer reporting system before - didn't work out
for me