Subject: [IPsec] RFC 7427 on Signature Authentication in the Internet Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 17:56:37 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7427

        Title:      Signature Authentication in the Internet 
                    Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     T. Kivinen, J. Snyder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 39041
        Updates:    RFC 7296

        I-D Tag:    draft-kivinen-ipsecme-signature-auth-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7427

The Internet Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) protocol has limited
support for the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA).
The current version only includes support for three Elliptic Curve
groups, and there is a fixed hash algorithm tied to each group.  This
document generalizes IKEv2 signature support to allow any signature
method supported by PKIX and also adds signature hash algorithm
negotiation.  This is a generic mechanism and is not limited to
ECDSA; it can also be used with other signature algorithms.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 10:40:55 +0200

This is an important addition to IKEv2. Thank you Tero and Joel, and the 
other members of the design team: Dan Harkins, Johannes Merkle, David 
McGrew and Yoav Nir.

	Paul and Yaron