Subject: [IPsec] IKE daemon supporting twofish and serpent for IKE?

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 22:14:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Is there any IKE daemon that supports twofish or serpent for IKE (not
ESP) ?

I only know of libreswan/openswan, but I would like to do a real
interop test with another implementation.

This would be using the private numbers 65004/65005 ?

Paul

---

From: Andreas Steffen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 20:54:34 +0200

Hi Paul,

the strongSwan IKEv1 re-implementation based on the IKEv2 charon
daemon source code supports the Serpent/Twofish IKEv1 encryption
methods using the FreeS/WAN private numbers 65004/65005.
We are using the optional strongSwan gcrypt plugin which links to
the gcrypt crypto library to implement the Serpent/Twofish ciphers:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/gcrypt-ikev1/alg-serpent
http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/gcrypt-ikev1/alg-twofish

Regards

Andreas

> This would be using the private numbers 65004/65005 ?

======================================================================
Andreas Steffen                         [email-masked]
strongSwan - the Open Source VPN Solution!          www.strongswan.org
Institute for Internet Technologies and Applications
University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)
===========================================================[ITA-HSR]==