Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 23:46:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : ChaCha20, Poly1305 and their use in IKE & IPsec
        Author          : Yoav Nir
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305-09.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2015-06-13

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of the ChaCha20 stream cipher along
   with the Poly1305 authenticator, combined into an AEAD algorithm for
   the Internet Key Exchange protocol (IKEv2) and for IPsec.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 10:37:09 +0300

Quick nit: the sentence "The Pad Length field need not exceed 4 octets" 
is a bit confusing, because the Pad Length field is obviously a constant 
2 octets. I would suggest "The Padding field's length (and the value of 
the Pad Length field) need not exceed 4 octets."

Thanks,
	Yaron

On 06/14/2015 09:46 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec
>

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:11:21 +0300

How about:

OLD:
   The Pad Length field need not exceed 4 octets. However, RFC 4303 and this specification do not 
   prohibit using greater pad lengths.

NEW:
   The length of the Padding field need not exceed 4 octets. However, neither RFC 4303 nor this 
   specification require using the minimal padding length.

Yoav

> On Jun 14, 2015, at 10:37 AM, Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Quick nit: the sentence "The Pad Length field need not exceed 4 octets" is a bit confusing, because the Pad Length field is obviously a constant 2 octets. I would suggest "The Padding field's length (and the value of the Pad Length field) need not exceed 4 octets."
> 
> Thanks,
> 	Yaron
>

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 20:57:36 +0300

Sure.

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 21:10:57 +0300

Done.

> On Jun 14, 2015, at 8:57 PM, Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Sure.
>