Subject: [IPsec] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7296 (4387)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 05:08:05 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7296,
"Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7296&eid=4387

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.7

Original Text
-------------
   The Certificate Request payload, denoted CERTREQ in this document,
   provides a means to request preferred certificates via IKE and can
   appear in the IKE_INIT_SA response and/or the IKE_AUTH request.
   Certificate Request payloads MAY be included in an exchange when the
   sender needs to get the certificate of the receiver.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The Certificate Request payload, denoted CERTREQ in this document,
   provides a means to request preferred certificates via IKE and can
   appear in the IKE_SA_INIT response and/or the IKE_AUTH request.
   Certificate Request payloads MAY be included in an exchange when the
   sender needs to get the certificate of the receiver.

Notes
-----
IKE_SA_INIT is mis-spelled as IKE_INIT_SA this one time.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7296 (draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-rfc5996bis-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)
Publication Date    : October 2014
Author(s)           : C. Kaufman, P. Hoffman, Y. Nir, P. Eronen, T. Kivinen
Category            : INTERNET STANDARD
Source              : IP Security Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 06:40:15 -0700

Please accept this erratum and mark it has "Held for document update".

--Paul Hoffman

> On Jun 4, 2015, at 5:08 AM, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 14:42:58 +0100

Done
S