Subject: [IPsec] RFC 7619 on The NULL Authentication Method in the Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 19:54:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7619

        Title:      The NULL Authentication Method in 
                    the Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 
                    2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     V. Smyslov, P. Wouters
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24593
        Updates:    RFC 4301

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-null-auth-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7619

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7619

This document specifies the NULL Authentication method and the
ID_NULL Identification Payload ID Type for Internet Key Exchange
Protocol version 2 (IKEv2).  This allows two IKE peers to establish
single-side authenticated or mutual unauthenticated IKE sessions for
those use cases where a peer is unwilling or unable to authenticate
or identify itself.  This ensures IKEv2 can be used for Opportunistic
Security (also known as Opportunistic Encryption) to defend against
Pervasive Monitoring attacks without the need to sacrifice anonymity.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC