Subject: [IPsec] Proposed agenda for the upcoming meeting in Buenos Aires

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 15:55:09 -0800

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/agenda/agenda-95-ipsecme

Comments are welcome.

Of course, this is not an invitation to stop conversation before the 
meeting; just the opposite. Please keep the on-list discussion active so 
that the meeting can be more useful.

--Dave Waltermire and Paul Hoffman

---

From: "Valery Smyslov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 08:52:58 +0300

Hi Paul,

I'd like to make a short presentation (~10 min) about using compression in IKEv2
(draft-smyslov-ipsecme-ikev2-compression).

I'm also a bit puzzled that there is nothing in the agenda
concerning the yang data model for IPsec. I remember in Prague
authors promised to merge their drafts and to present
a new model. I see the new draft issued, but I heard no details of what
was changed (and why), and what are the next steps.

Regards,
Valery.

> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:13:41 +0200

Regarding draft-ietf-ipsecme-safecurves

I think this is pretty much done. I don’t see why I’d need 15 minutes to say, “Version -00 had Curve25519; version -01 added Curve448; we don’t need to wait for CFRG’s signature draft, because we have RFC 7427; I think we’re ready for WGLC”

Yoav

> On 11 Mar 2016, at 1:55 AM, Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Of course, this is not an invitation to stop conversation before the meeting; just the opposite. Please keep the on-list discussion active so that the meeting can be more useful.
>

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 07:55:45 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> 
> https: //www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/agenda/agenda-95-ipsecme
>
> Comments are welcome.
>
> Of course, this is not an invitation to stop conversation before the meeting; 
> just the opposite. Please keep the on-list discussion active so that the 
> meeting can be more useful.

I would like to discuss the IKEv2 IANA registries and the requirements
for new code points. This is in response to Tero's comments regarding
the latest non-WG entry for a 3gpp extension that was never passed
through the working group. Tero's suggestion was to "allow it this
time", which really begs the question on how we will handle this in the
future.

Paul

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 14:07:29 +0000

Hi everyone,

I would also be more than happy to present our ongoing work on IKEv2/YANG.

BR

Daniel

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 07:56:21 -0800

> (draft-smyslov-ipsecme-ikev2-compression).

Sorry, we totally spaced that out. We'll add it.

> was changed (and why), and what are the next steps.

As you point out, the authors already had time to do an initial 
presentation. Since then, there has been no discussion on the mailing 
list. Using face-to-face meeting time to discuss things that are not 
discussed on the list is not a good use of our time. If the Yang model 
stuff starts being discussed on the list and there is sufficient 
interest, we should talk about it at future meetings or even at a 
virtual interim.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 07:57:25 -0800

On 10 Mar 2016, at 23:13, Yoav Nir wrote:

> I think this is pretty much done. I don’t see why I’d need 15 
> minutes to say, “Version -00 had Curve25519; version -01 added 
> Curve448; we don’t need to wait for CFRG’s signature draft, 
> because we have RFC 7427; I think we’re ready for WGLC”

Great! I've cut down the time allotment for it then.

Of course, you could say that on the list in a separate thread so that 
we'll start the WG Last Call sooner...

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 07:59:35 -0800

> time", which really begs the question on how we will handle this in 

That seems to be a reasonable topic for discussion. Could you (or you 
and Tero) put together a proposal and do 10 minutes on it?

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 08:00:13 -0800

> I would also be more than happy to present our ongoing work on IKEv2/YANG.

Great! Please so do on the list. :-)

--Paul Hoffman