Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 17:47:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for IKEv2
        Authors         : Yoav Nir
                          Tero Kivinen
                          Paul Wouters
                          Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-11.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-09-01

Abstract:
   The IPsec series of protocols makes use of various cryptographic
   algorithms in order to provide security services.  The Internet Key
   Exchange (IKE) protocol is used to negotiate the IPsec Security
   Association (IPsec SA) parameters, such as which algorithms should be
   used.  To ensure interoperability between different implementations,
   it is necessary to specify a set of algorithm implementation
   requirements and usage guidance to ensure that there is at least one
   algorithm that all implementations support.  This document defines
   the current algorithm implementation requirements and usage guidance
   for IKEv2 and does minor cleaning up of IKEv2 IANA registry.  This
   document does not update the algorithms used for packet encryption
   using IPsec Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 20:52:00 -0400 (EDT)

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-11

The only change is to make 256-bits a MUST along with 128-bit keys. The
exception is ENCR_AES_CCM_8 which is for use with IoT which only has
128-bits keys as a MUST and 256-bit keys as a MAY.

That resolves all the issues the authors are aware of, so we believe
this document is ready for WGLC.

Paul