Subject: [IPsec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-ddos-protection-09.txt> (Protecting Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2) Implementations from Distributed Denial of Service Attacks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:08:18 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document:
- 'Protecting Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2)
   Implementations from Distributed Denial of Service Attacks'
  <draft-ietf-ipsecme-ddos-protection-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-09-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document recommends implementation and configuration best
   practices for Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2)
   Responders, to allow them to resist Denial of Service and Distributed
   Denial of Service attacks.  Additionally, the document introduces a
   new mechanism called "Client Puzzles" that help accomplish this task.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ddos-protection/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ddos-protection/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.