Subject: [IPsec] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-ipsecme-ddos-protection-09: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 07:15:39 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ipsecme-ddos-protection-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ddos-protection/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"A typical Initiator or
   bot-net member in 2014 can perform slightly less than a million
   hashes per second per core"

Is this supposed to say 2014? Struck me as a little weird.

---

From: Valery Smyslov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 19:06:17 +0300

Hi Alissa,

The -00 version of the document was written in 2014, 
so the estimates came from Yoav's experiments, 
that he conducted at that time, I think.

Regards,
Valery Smyslov.