Subject: [IPsec] Ben Campbell's No Objection on charter-ietf-ipsecme-10-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 13:39:31 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-ipsecme-10-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ipsecme/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The milestones are all in the past. Should 2016 be 2017? Also, I notice
the milestone list does not cover the full set of current goals--is that
the intent? (I'm okay if it is; just checking.)

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:36:23 +0300

I was assume that we need get the charter approved before we can add
milestones for new items.

I would expect the milestones to be something like this:

Oct 2016 	IETF Last Call on DDoS protection
    		draft-ietf-ipsecme-ddos-protection
Oct 2016 	IETF Last Call on Curve25519 and Curve448 for IKEv2
    		draft-ietf-ipsecme-safecurves
Nov 2016 	IETF Last Call on cryptographic algorithms for IKEv2
    		draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis
Nov 2016 	IETF Last Call on cryptographic algorithms for ESP / AH
    		draft-mglt-ipsecme-rfc7321bis
Dec 2016	IETF Last Call on TCP Encapsulation of IKE and IPsec 
    		draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps
Jan 2017	IETF Last Call on Using EdDSA in the IKEv2
		draft-nir-ipsecme-eddsa
Feb 2017	IETF Last Call on Split-DNS Configuration for IKEv2
    		draft-pauly-ipsecme-split-dns
Feb 2017	IETF Last Call on Implicit IV in IPsec 
    		draft-mglt-ipsecme-implicit-iv
Jun 2017	IETF Last Call on partially quantum resistant IKEv2

DDos and safecurves are already ready for IETF Last Call.

rfc4307bis and rfc7321bis are in WG LC phase now, and should be ready
soon.

Tcp encaps, split dns and implict iv are waiting for more cycles in
the WG, i.e. we want to push the current things out first and then
concentrate on them. EdDSA is waiting for curdle to decide on the
OIDs, and QR actually needs some work.
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 09:46:04 -0400

Thanks, Tero, that is helpful.

Ben.

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 11:24:52 -0400

Tero, please do add them and I'll approve.  We can do these
separately, but having them up-to-date is helpful and it is also
helpful to have them with a charter so the scope of work is clear.
SOrry I didn't catch that.

Thank you,
Kathleen

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 16:06:15 +0300

> SOrry I didn't catch that.

Added now.
-- 
[email-masked]