Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:41:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for IKEv2
        Authors         : Yoav Nir
                          Tero Kivinen
                          Paul Wouters
                          Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-15.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-10-20

Abstract:
   The IPsec series of protocols makes use of various cryptographic
   algorithms in order to provide security services.  The Internet Key
   Exchange (IKE) protocol is used to negotiate the IPsec Security
   Association (IPsec SA) parameters, such as which algorithms should be
   used.  To ensure interoperability between different implementations,
   it is necessary to specify a set of algorithm implementation
   requirements and usage guidance to ensure that there is at least one
   algorithm that all implementations support.  This document updates
   RFC 7296 and obsoletes RFC 4307 in defining the current algorithm
   implementation requirements and usage guidance for IKEv2, and does
   minor cleaning up of the IKEv2 IANA registry.  This document does not
   update the algorithms used for packet encryption using IPsec
   Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 14:43:41 -0400 (EDT)

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-15

The only change in this version is based on discussion on saag and
ipsecme, where there was consensus to change DH Group 22 from SHOULD
NOT to MUST NOT. DH 23 and 24 remain at SHOULD NOT and retain their
warning they will move to MUST NOT in the near future.

Paul