Subject: [IPsec] RFC 8019 on Protecting Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2) Implementations from Distributed Denial-of-Service Attacks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 22:59:25 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8019

        Title:      Protecting Internet Key Exchange Protocol 
                    Version 2 (IKEv2) Implementations from Distributed 
                    Denial-of-Service Attacks 
        Author:     Y. Nir, V. Smyslov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 78293
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-ddos-protection-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8019

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC8019

This document recommends implementation and configuration best
practices for Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2)
Responders, to allow them to resist Denial-of-Service and Distributed
Denial-of-Service attacks.  Additionally, the document introduces a
new mechanism called "Client Puzzles" that helps accomplish this
task.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC