Subject: [IPsec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-15.txt> (Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for IKEv2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 12:54:07 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document:
- 'Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for IKEv2'
  <draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IPsec series of protocols makes use of various cryptographic
   algorithms in order to provide security services.  The Internet Key
   Exchange (IKE) protocol is used to negotiate the IPsec Security
   Association (IPsec SA) parameters, such as which algorithms should be
   used.  To ensure interoperability between different implementations,
   it is necessary to specify a set of algorithm implementation
   requirements and usage guidance to ensure that there is at least one
   algorithm that all implementations support.  This document updates
   RFC 7296 and obsoletes RFC 4307 in defining the current algorithm
   implementation requirements and usage guidance for IKEv2, and does
   minor cleaning up of the IKEv2 IANA registry.  This document does not
   update the algorithms used for packet encryption using IPsec
   Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.