Subject: [IPsec] Additional charter items 2/4: Address Failure Errors

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 20:04:05 +0200

This item has draft (draft-boucadair-ipsecme-ipv6-ipv4-codes) which
quite well the needs and why this is to done, and I think we do
undestand the item itself, but the charter text was not covered in the
IETF 100 meeting, so we did not get consensus call done for it.

The proposed charter text is:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
RFC7296 defines a generic notification code that is related to a
failure to handle an internal address failure. That code does not
explicitly allow an initiator to determine why a given address family
is not assigned, nor whether it should try using another address
family. The Working Group will specify a set of more specific
notification codes that will provide sufficient information to the
IKEv2 initiator about the encountered failure.
draft-boucadair-ipsecme-ipv6-ipv4-codes will be used as a starting
point for this item.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Send your comments and whether you support adding this to the charter
to the ipsec list in next two weeks.
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 14:50:50 -0500 (EST)

> The proposed charter text is:

I support further discussion on this topic to determine if the WG needs
to write a document or not using the existing draft as starting point.

Paul

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 06:16:36 +0000

Hi all, 

I support this item, obviously. 

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : IPsec [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Tero Kivinen
> Envoyé : vendredi 16 février 2018 19:04
> À : [email-masked]
> Objet : [IPsec] Additional charter items 2/4: Address Failure Errors
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec