Subject: [IPsec] Labeled IPsec for charter

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 20:37:25 +0200

Paul Wouters writes:
> 
> Some systems support security labels (aka security context) as one of the
> selectors of the SPD. This label needs to be part of the IKE negotiation
> for the IPsec SA. non-standard implementations exist for IKEv1 (formerly
> abusing IPSEC Security Association Attribute 10, now using private space
> IPSEC Security Association Attribute 32001). The work is to standarize
> this for IKEv2.

This charter item has also had no discussion since IETF, so I assume
there is not much support for this either?
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 13:40:51 -0500 (EST)

> there is not much support for this either?

I plan to submit a draft in time for the London meeting. Red Hat has a
clear interest in this.

Paul