Subject: [IPsec] Protocol Action: 'Using Edwards-curve Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA) in the Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ipsecme-eddsa-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 09:01:17 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using Edwards-curve Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA) in the
   Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2)'
  (draft-ietf-ipsecme-eddsa-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Eric Rescorla.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-eddsa/

Technical Summary
This document describes the use of the Edwards-curve digital
signature algorithm in the IKEv2 protocol as proposed standard. 

Working Group Summary
 Version -01 went through WGLC. Changes suggested by the WG 
   participants were mostly editorial. There were three substantive
   decisions:
    (1) That the new value in the hash function registry requested from
      IANA for "Identity" shall not be zero.
    (2) That we will not use the pre-hashed version of the EdDSA
      function (same decision made by TLS and Curdle working groups)
    (3) That we will use a null context (or context-free Ed25519) for
      IKE (same decision reached in TLS and Curdle working groups)
   The resulting document represents WG consensus.
   The document was reviewed by several regular WG participants.
   Apple reports a working implementation.

Document Quality
See above

Personnel
Author is Yoav Nir. Eric Rescorla is the responsible Area Director. 
Tero Kivinen is the document shepherd.

---

From: Andreas Steffen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:34:45 +0100

Hi,

strongSwan also has a working implementation of Ed25519.

Regards

Andreas

>    Apple reports a working implementation.
======================================================================
Andreas Steffen                         [email-masked]
strongSwan - the Open Source VPN Solution!          www.strongswan.org
Institute for Networked Solutions
HSR University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)
===========================================================[INS-HSR]==