Subject: [IPsec] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on charter-ietf-ipsecme-11-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 23:38:14 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-ipsecme-11-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ipsecme/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

For the "The internal address failure indication in IKEv2" item it might be
good to talk to 3GPP since they seem to be the only potential consumer of this
work.

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 16:46:15 +0300

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ipsecme/

The work originiated from 3gpp, and they tried to get numbers
allocated from the IANA registry, but expert (me) asked them to first
talk to the wg and see if there is interest working about the issue
there. Working group discussed this and said that the work might be
useful for other contextes than 3gpp too, so wg decided that we are
going to take it as WG item instead of going forward as individual
author RFC.
-- 
[email-masked]