Subject: [IPsec] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-ipsecme-split-dns-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 12:39:06 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ipsecme-split-dns-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-split-dns/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 5:

"Enterprise Certificate Agency" --> I would have expected this to say
Enterprise Certificate Authority.

"Other generic or public domains, such as top-level domains, similarly SHOULD
NOT be whitelisted." Under what exceptional circumstances would it make sense
to whitelist a TLD? Is this like if I run Example Corp and I own .example?

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 01:03:41 -0500 (EST)

Your expectation is correct :) I will fix.

> to whitelist a TLD? Is this like if I run Example Corp and I own .example?

Exactly. Or if you would use .internal or if Warren gets his way .alt :)

Paul

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 05:50:27 -0500

> On Nov 21, 2018, at 1:03 AM, Paul Wouters <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Thanks. It might be worth giving an example or two in the document.

Alissa