Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 07:11:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Postquantum Preshared Keys for IKEv2
        Authors         : Scott Fluhrer
                          David McGrew
                          Panos Kampanakis
                          Valery Smyslov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-12-25

Abstract:
   The possibility of Quantum Computers pose a serious challenge to
   cryptography algorithms deployed widely today.  IKEv2 is one example
   of a cryptosystem that could be broken; someone storing VPN
   communications today could decrypt them at a later time when a
   Quantum Computer is available.  It is anticipated that IKEv2 will be
   extended to support quantum secure key exchange algorithms; however
   that is not likely to happen in the near term.  To address this
   problem before then, this document describes an extension of IKEv2 to
   allow it to be resistant to a Quantum Computer, by using preshared
   keys.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Valery Smyslov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 18:18:49 +0300

Hi,

a new (-05) version of the "Postquantum Preshared Keys for IKEv2" draft 
has been posted. The draft contains minor text improvements that
addresses comments received during WGLC.

Regards,
Valery (for the authors).

P.S. Merry Christmas (a bit late) and Happy New Year (a bit early)!

> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 12:48:13 -0500 (EST)

> addresses comments received during WGLC.

Looks good to me.

Paul