Subject: [IPsec] RFC 8598 on Split DNS Configuration for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 16:14:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8598

        Title:      Split DNS Configuration for the 
                    Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     T. Pauly, 
                    P. Wouters
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36887
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-split-dns-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8598

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8598

This document defines two Configuration Payload Attribute Types
(INTERNAL_DNS_DOMAIN and INTERNAL_DNSSEC_TA) for the Internet Key
Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2).  These payloads add support for
private (internal-only) DNS domains.  These domains are intended to
be resolved using non-public DNS servers that are only reachable
through the IPsec connection.  DNS resolution for other domains
remains unchanged.  These Configuration Payloads only apply to split-
tunnel configurations.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC