Subject: [IPsec] Public comment period for: Guide to IPsec VPNs: NIST Releases Draft of SP 800-77 Rev. 1

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 23:13:01 -0400 (EDT)

FYI,

From: NIST Computer Security Division <[email-masked]>
Subject: Guide to IPsec VPNs: NIST Releases Draft of SP 800-77 Rev. 1
Date: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 3:32 PM

NIST invites comments on Draft Special Publication (SP) 800-77 Revision 1, Guide to IPsec VPNs, which contains practical recommendations for
implementing security services based on IPsec and IKE to assist organizations in mitigating the risks associated with transmitting sensitive
information across networks. Since the original publication of SP 800-77 in 2005, IPsec and IKE protocols have been enhanced, and much
operational experience has been gained from the security solutions deployed. This revision contains new security and cryptographic
recommendations and requirements with a focus on how IPsec provides network layer security services. The document also describes how
organizations can implement IPsec, IKE, and their alternatives under varying circumstances.

A public comment period for this document is open until October 8, 2019. See the publication details for a copy of the document and
instructions for submitting comments.

Publication details:|
https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/sp/800-77/rev-1/draft

CSRC update:
https://csrc.nist.gov/news/2019/nist-releases-draft-sp-800-77-rev-1-for-comment 

Paul