Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 00:40:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Postquantum Preshared Keys for IKEv2
        Authors         : Scott Fluhrer
                          David McGrew
                          Panos Kampanakis
                          Valery Smyslov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-09.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2019-11-27

Abstract:
   The possibility of Quantum Computers poses a serious challenge to
   cryptographic algorithms deployed widely today.  IKEv2 is one example
   of a cryptosystem that could be broken; someone storing VPN
   communications today could decrypt them at a later time when a
   Quantum Computer is available.  It is anticipated that IKEv2 will be
   extended to support quantum-secure key exchange algorithms; however
   that is not likely to happen in the near term.  To address this
   problem before then, this document describes an extension of IKEv2 to
   allow it to be resistant to a Quantum Computer, by using preshared
   keys.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Valery Smyslov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 11:50:16 +0300

Hi,

I've posted a new version of  "Postquantum Preshared Keys for IKEv2" draft.

This version addresses issues raised by AD review of the draft:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ipsec/G1yO6oGFtfr-1EMjkT5cprDyMuU

We believe that all the issues are resolved.

One note regarding the following issue (as its resolution wasn't discussed on the list):

> Section 5.2.1
>
> I'm kind of confused by the PSKC reference, especially the implication
> ("algorithm ("Algorithm=urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:pskc:pin") as the
> PIN") that a fixed string is to be used as a PIN.  (I also think it's
> better to discuss what it does as "key transport" than "key exchange",
> noting that the latter string does not appear in RFC 6030.)

I slightly changed the text, so that the text suggests to re-use
"PIN" profile defined in Section 10.2 of RFC6030 with no 
implication of any fixed PIN. I believe it was the original
intent.

Regards,
Valery.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: IPsec [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:40 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-09.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec