Subject: [IPsec] draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2 has been in RFC Editor queue for 123 days?

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 13:36:34 -0400 (EDT)

What is going on with draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2 ?

It seems stuck in the RFC Editor queue ?

Can the WG chairs or AD see about getting this unstuck and out the door?

Paul

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 10:48:59 -0700

> Can the WG chairs or AD see about getting this unstuck and out the door?

There's a giant backlog in the "RFC-EDITOR" state (see
https://www.rfc-editor.org/current_queue.php); my understanding is that
this accumulated in the gap period between Heather and John, and there's
not really a way to make the overall queue move faster.  It is possible for
the IESG to request expedited processing of a specific document, if needed
-- is there a timely need for an RFC number for this document that we
should do so?

Thanks,

Ben

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 14:47:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 May 2020, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> not really a way to make the overall queue move faster.

Oh, I see.

>  It is possible for

Ahh, no there is no reason for an expedited processing.

Paul

---

From: "Valery Smyslov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 22:00:58 +0300

Hi,

> > not really a way to make the overall queue move faster.

Ben, thank you for the explanation. The draft has already 
endured unfortunate delay in the WG, this one is just another unfortunate
one.
That is that.

> Ahh, no there is no reason for an expedited processing.

I agree with Paul (with co-author hat on).
The code-points are already allocated and several vendors have implemented
the draft.
The only thing left is an RFC number to refer to, but we can wait for it.

Regards,
Valery.

> Paul
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 20:07:43 -0700

> The only thing left is an RFC number to refer to, but we can wait for it.

Amusingly enough, it just entered AUTH48 this evening (and thus,
provisionally has an RFC number assigned).

-Ben