Subject: [IPsec] RFC 8983 on Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2) Notification Status Types for IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 23:12:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8983

        Title:      Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 
                    2 (IKEv2) Notification Status Types for 
                    IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence 
        Author:     M. Boucadair
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Updates:    RFC 7296

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-ipv6-ipv4-codes-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8983

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8983

This document specifies new Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2
(IKEv2) notification status types to better manage IPv4 and IPv6
coexistence by allowing the responder to signal to the initiator
which address families are allowed.

This document updates RFC 7296.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC