Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc8229bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 20:52:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP Encapsulation of IKE and IPsec Packets
        Authors         : Valery Smyslov
                          Tommy Pauly
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc8229bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2021-04-28

Abstract:
   This document describes a method to transport Internet Key Exchange
   Protocol (IKE) and IPsec packets over a TCP connection for traversing
   network middleboxes that may block IKE negotiation over UDP.  This
   method, referred to as "TCP encapsulation", involves sending both IKE
   packets for Security Association establishment and Encapsulating
   Security Payload (ESP) packets over a TCP connection.  This method is
   intended to be used as a fallback option when IKE cannot be
   negotiated over UDP.

   TCP encapsulation for IKE and IPsec was defined in [RFC8229].  This
   document updates specification for TCP encapsulation by including
   additional calarifications obtained during implementation and
   deployment of this method.  This documents makes RFC8229 obsolete.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc8229bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc8229bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc8229bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Valery Smyslov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 08:57:51 +0300

Hi,

the new version of the draft addresses comments from Tero and Paul.

Regards,
Tommy & Valery.

> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec