Subject: [IPSECKEY] Re: draft-ietf-ipseckey-rr-02.txt

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 04:36:17 -0400

>>>>> "itojun" == itojun  <[email-masked]> writes:
    itojun> 	not sure if it is for ipsec wg, or dnsext wg...

  Thank you for the comments... the answer is neither, new "IPSECKEY" WG.

    itojun> 	of a node, 192.0.2.38 that has published its key only."
    itojun> 	(gateway field 
    itojun> 	being ".") confuses me.  what does it mean?

  It might be used by the responder to verify the identity provided by
the initiator, without expressing any desire to be contacted.

    itojun> 	what kind of value should i put into "gateway" field if i
    itojun> 	want to ask people to do transport mode IPsec?

  Please see thread from last week:
    http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/lists/html/ipseckey/msg00170.html	

  :-)

    itojun> 	maybe, draft-ietf-ipseckey-rr-02.txt should refer some other
    itojun> 	document 
    itojun> 	like draft-richardson-ipsec-opportunistic-11.txt for its actual
    itojun> 	usage/meaning?

  That document does not specify IPSECKEY, nor will it.
  Rather, a future document will explain usage.

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another Debian GNU/Linux using, kernel hacking, security guy"); [

-
This is the [email-masked] list.
Email to [email-masked] to be removed.