Subject: [IPSECKEY] ultimate nits ?

From: Jean-Jacques Puig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:24:35 +0200

Hi,

In latest submission:

-
1.1 Overview

   An IPSECKEY resource record MUST be used in combination with DNSSEC
   unless some other means of authenticating the IPSECKEY resource
   record is available.

Doesn't this contradict current choice of SHOULD in security
considerations ?

-
2.6 RDATA format - RSA public key

   If the algorithm type has the value 5, then public key portion
   contains an RSA public key, encoded as described in secion 2 of

s/secion/section/

-
3.2 Examples

   An example of a node, 192.0.2.38 that has delegated authority to the
   node 192.0.2.3.

   38.2.0.192.in-addr.arpa. 7200 IN     IPSECKEY ( 10 5 1

s/5 1/1 5/ ?

--
Jean-Jacques Puig
-
This is the [email-masked] list.
Email to [email-masked] to be removed.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:31:49 -0400

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

>>>>> "Jean-Jacques" == Jean-Jacques Puig <[email-masked]> writes:
    Jean-Jacques> In latest submission:
  
  I assume you mean -02.

draft> An IPSECKEY resource record MUST be used in combination with DNSSEC
draft> unless some other means of authenticating the IPSECKEY resource record
draft> is available. 

    Jean-Jacques> Doesn't this contradict current choice of SHOULD in security
    Jean-Jacques> considerations ?

  I guess that it does.
  I will change this to a SHOULD. We moderated it with the rest of the
sentence, but your point is well taken.
  
    Jean-Jacques> 2.6 RDATA format - RSA public key

  Thanks for the other nits.
  I stared at the numbers for each for awhile, and I guess I didn't get
them all. Numbers without labels are hard for us humans :-)

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another Debian GNU/Linux using, kernel hacking, security guy"); [

-